New Yamaha YZ65. Powering Young Riders into the victorYZone.
21 February 2018
Welcome to the victorYZone
Yamaha’s range of winning YZ race bikes has been one of the most dominant forces in motocross competition for five decades. Since the brand won its first MX World Championship back in 1973, Yamaha YZs have claimed victory in every major international category.
2018 sees the launch of the all-new YZ65, one of the most exciting and technologically advanced youth race bikes seen for many years. Featuring an all-new engine and chassis, the 2018 YZ65 reaffirms Yamaha’s total commitment to the youth motocross scene – the starting point for future champions.
YZ65 boasts an all-new 65cc 2-stroke liquid-cooled engine and it’s equipped with a Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS) – giving smooth power delivery and optimizing torque output. Its new semi double cradle frame ensures light and stable handling with easy agility. YZ65 also benefits from high specification 36mm KYB front forks that allow confident cornering.
The new YZ65 comes with pure YZ race-bred DNA as standard equipment. Its race blue bodywork, bold graphics and blue rims are inspired by Yamaha’s YZ450FM MXGP bike, and every key feature on this youth motocross bike has been developed by the same team of engineers that are responsible for the company’s other YZ race bikes.
• Powerful new 65cc liquid cooled engine
• Race-developed Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS)
• Digital CDI for delivering a precise spark
• High overall specification, winning capability
• 6-speed transmission with light-pull clutch
• Semi-double cradle steel frame, aluminium subframe
• 36mm KYB upside down front forks
• KYB Monocross suspension, aluminium swingarm
• 60/100 14” front- and 80/100 12” rear tire sizes
• Tapered handlebars, aluminium handlebar crown
• Ergonomic seat design for easy weight shifting
• YZ450F-inspired body panels